Total Pageviews

Monday, March 7, 2011

The beginning of my story.

Hi I'm Bastet, and this is my story.

So on March 2, 2011, a nice lady found me wandering around outside of Apex Elementary and took me in. Of course she had to check me over, and guess what she found! My protruding belly, now she knew better and didn't think I was fat. I'm just pregnant.
She contacted Second Chance Pet Adoptions, who said they'd be delighted to have me! So the next day, I went in where they fussed over me, gave me shots, all the stuff I now know that I don't enjoy. But I understand they have to do it, but I really didn't like it. So now, I'm staying with two real nice people, Stacy and Erik. I have a room all to myself with no kitties, wild animals or scary noises to bother me. I feel so much better now that I'm inside where I don't have to worry about the hot and cold and rainy weather that this silly state seems to have all the time! All I have to worry about is keeping this babies warm and well fed! 

I can't really remember where my life started. But my foster mommy says I'm too sweet to not have been loved by someone. She says that cats that aren't loved by someone, can sometimes learn to be wild. Now, I'm just too wonderful to be that way! When I went into Second Chance, they said they think that I am only 10 months old. They think that this is my first litter of kittens because I am so young. And, man, I'm glad that it's my last! My foster mommy told me that once I have my babies, I get to nurse and love them. But once they're old enough to be without me, we will all go the vet who will make sure we don't have to worry about taking care of anyone but ourselves for the rest of our lives. 

(Don't tell mom this, but I was borrowing her computer and found out this great information about spaying and neutering your cat (or even your dog, if you have one of those scary big things!)  
http://www.sniksnak.com/benefits.html
http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/spayneuter/spay-neuter-top-ten.aspx
I am named after the Egyptian goddess, Bast. But in order for the common-folk to think it's for a girl, not a silly boy kitty, she named me Bastet- which is another form of the name.) This is what they say is the original Bast: Mother of all cats, embodiment of the warmth of sunshine, and goddess of the East, this deity in cat form was one of the most popular in all of Egypt. Cats of course were the most sacred of all animals to the Egyptians, but the black cat was particularly sacred to Bast. As a result, the physicians of the time would use the icon of a black cat in their healing practices. She was also considered the goddess of pleasures, which covered a lot of territory. Among many of the things that fell under her patronage were: generosity, music and dance, childbirth, protection against evil, frivolity, and sex. And this is by no means a complete list of all she covered. Not only was she the goddess of all cats, but of all animals in general! If this wasn't enough, she was also the goddess of fire and of the moon. Several temples were dedicated to her, and each was home to countless cats which were treated as literal incarnations of the goddess. It almost goes without saying that any cat beloved and honored by their caretaker would feel quite at ease should they be given this honorable name.
So they think I might be about half-way through my pregnancy. Most cats are pregnant for about 60-
67 days. You can definitely see my protruding belly. And my foster mom has been putting her hand on my belly to see if she can feel the kittens moving. I think it's fun to move around so she can't get a still hand to feel. I love getting my belly rubbed, and ooh, when my right below my ears is scratched, I get even louder in purring! 

So I would love to have you join me and follow my story! Click follow blog and invite all your friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment